JFK'S BEDTIME STORY
The last skit on the hilarious 1962 record album, "The First Family" by Vaughn Meader, as described in JFK LIKED HIS IMPERSONATOR, is entitled "Bedtime Story".
In many ways it is satire at its ultimate best - containing as it does sentiments poignant in truth, humour and sadness.
On this, the eve of the 43rd anniversary of the assassination of JFK - on November 22nd, 1963 - I am wishing, more than ever, that JFK really were here, telling us all this bedtime story with its happy ending:
...DOOR OPENS, FOOTSTEPS APPROACH...
- Yes, ah, go to sleep now Caroline. Daddy, ah, tucked you in and you've had three glasses of water. Now goodnight.
- Tell me a story Daddy.
- Oh come on Sweetheart, it's, ah, late.
- Just one short story Daddy.
- Oh alright, just one.
- Tell me my favourite story.
- about the tall man?
- Yes, with all the hair.
- Well there was this, ah, tall man, with alot of hair, and he was Prince and a great warrior. And the people of his country picked him to be their leader, 'cus he could protect them and lead them on to the, ah, new frontiers [laughter]
- Tell me about when he had the trouble.
- Well, ah, Caroline, first he had the trouble with the Steel Duke, and then all the, ah, Money Lords [laughter] - then all the Money Lords gave him trouble. Then all the other Lords wanted to take his job away. But when he talked, everyone, ah, believed him and he remained as their leader. Now one day the evil prince with the black beard from the island in the south [laughter] and the terrible fat bear from the cold north came and they tried to hurt the Prince. But the Prince was too smart and he chased them away. So the handsome Prince, and all the people of his country lived happily ever after.
- Oooh. I was scared. But hurray for the Prince. And thank you Daddy. Goodnight.
- Goodnight, ah, Caroline, goodnight.
...FOOTSTEPS RECEDE, DOOR CLOSES...
~ end quoting JFK Bedtime Story ~
watch Vaughan Meader on Andy Williams Show, March 28, 1963YouTube
watch Vaughn Meader Impersonating JFK at Boston University, YouTube
listen Vaughn Meader: The First Family, Volume 1: Part 1/5 and Part 2/5 and Part 3/5 and Part 4/5 and Part 5/5
VAUGHAN MEADER MADE JFK LAUGH
JFK FIRST FAMILY COMEDY STORY
(50th anniversary edition & photo album)
Nov 5, 2016
JFK TRUTH & UNTRUTH and JFK ASSASSINATION PUZZLE
~ an independent researcher monitoring local, national and international events ~